This collection includes stories about
lonely dragons, princesses,
fairies, fast cars, horses, nice ogres, frogs,
kid-eating-tigers, super heroes
- - -
A collection of 30 fun and original stories from knowonder! Never run out of short, fun stories again.
Great for bedtime, story time, or just ANY time!
Share the joy of story time with your child as often as you like (we recommend daily) and "know the wonder" of their imagination, as well as the love and joy you experience together.
The book is formatted with a large font, as well as two columns, to help struggling readers have an easier time reading and gain the confidence they need.
The book promotes creative storytelling and creativity through art by encouraging children to draw their own pictures.
Stories in this volume include:
- Dirty Bear
- Basil and the Bread
- Tucker Turtle's Topsy Turvy Day
- Tanya's Empty Basket
- The Lonely Dragon
- There's a Dragon in the Library
- Chocolate Chip
- The Best Horse in the World
- The Magic Paintbrush
- The Monkey and the Popcorn
- Dancing Cloud and the Buffalo
- The Cake Parade
- The Cow Milker
- The Nice Ogre
- Circus in My Backyard
- Granny Gertie's Wish List
- The Smallest Chipmunk
- Blast Off
- The Library Lesson
- Princess Polly Pearl
- Temba to the Rescue
- Pigs in the Mud
- Twylla and the Tiger
- Super Grandpa!
- The Very Small Fairy
- The Monkey and the Airplane
- Bobby and the Bullyfrog
- - -
Read Aloud Stories
This is a collection of knowonder! Read-Aloud stories.
Read-aloud stories and picture books are very different from each other. They are both needed, but they provide very different benefits. (learn more on www.knowonder.com)
Consider these key benefits of read-aloud stories:
- Listening skills are built
- concentration improves as children learn to sit still and focus
- comprehension and understanding of events (cause and effect relationships) is enhanced
- imagination is actively exercised as children imagine the scenes, characters and worlds the words create
- vocabulary is increased as children discover new words
- a child’s ability to guess meanings of new words grows
- children become more confident because they know they are cared for and loved and because they can express their thoughts and needs
- children are better-enabled to make friends and good relationships because their communication skills are increased
- learning in all subjects becomes much easier because the brain is literally being hard-wired to learn and take in new information
- family bonds are strengthened and reinforced, creating an atmosphere of love, trust and communication in the home which will last a lifetime
While it can be said that many of these benefits come from picture books, most of them are developed much better, faster, and deeper with read-aloud stories.
When you consider the sum-total of all these benefits, it’s easy to see why reading to your child every day from birth is the single-most important thing a parent can do to ensure a child’s success in life.
Designed by Experts
The knowonder! story collections have been designed by literacy experts and educators specifically to enable, enhance and promote daily family reading from a young age.
The books make it easy and fun for parents to read to kids every day!
Each story is written by professional children’s writers from around the world giving you and your child insight into many different ideas, people, cultures, thoughts, experiences and more.