The White Sail collection includes stories about
cave girls and viking boys,
aliens and pirates,
salamanders with socks and violin-playing cats,
lions, tigers, grasshoppers, gorillas, dragons
and oh, so much more!
- - -
A collection of 31 fun and original stories from knowonder! Never run out of short, fun stories again.
Great for bedtime, story time, or just ANY time!
Share the joy of story time with your child as often as you like (we recommend daily) and "know the wonder" of their imagination, as well as the love and joy you experience together.
The book promotes creative storytelling and creativity through art by encouraging children to draw their own pictures.
Stories in this volume include:
- Lady Valeena and the Hungry Dragon
- Haddie and the Hoppers
- A Seaside Horse Race
- Close Encounters of the Gourd Kind
- The White Sail
- Jenny's Wish
- The Adventures of Culinary Kid and Breakfast Boy
- Kabungo and the Tiger
- Message in the Night
- Teddy's Too Tall Tower of Things
- The Porcelain Cat
- Helgi the Brave
- Grandpa's Old Oak Tree
- Skunk the Cat, Detective
- Warty's Wish
- The Royal Riddles
- Silent H Takes a Break
- Elda's Dilemma
- Cheet's Victory
- A Dragon on High Hill
- Salvatore Salamander’s Sensational Sack of Super Socks
- Chelsea Chockford's Chocolate
- Look Out for Fluffkins
- Mr. Gorilla and Me
- Snuggles Has to Go!
- Ben's World
- Cosmic Cavern
- The Wonder Beard Pirates Sort Out a Kerfuffle in Kerflunker
- - -
Read Aloud Stories
This is a collection of knowonder! Read-Aloud stories.
Read-aloud stories and picture books are very different from each other. They are both needed, but they provide very different benefits. (learn more on www.knowonder.com)
Consider these key benefits of read-aloud stories:
- Listening skills are built
- concentration improves as children learn to sit still and focus
- comprehension and understanding of events (cause and effect relationships) is enhanced
- imagination is actively exercised as children imagine the scenes, characters and worlds the words create
- vocabulary is increased as children discover new words
- a child’s ability to guess meanings of new words grows
- children become more confident because they know they are cared for and loved and because they can express their thoughts and needs
- children are better-enabled to make friends and good relationships because their communication skills are increased
- learning in all subjects becomes much easier because the brain is literally being hard-wired to learn and take in new information
- family bonds are strengthened and reinforced, creating an atmosphere of love, trust and communication in the home which will last a lifetime
While it can be said that many of these benefits come from picture books, most of them are developed much better, faster, and deeper with read-aloud stories.
When you consider the sum-total of all these benefits, it’s easy to see why reading to your child every day from birth is the single-most important thing a parent can do to ensure a child’s success in life.
Designed by Experts
The knowonder! story collections have been designed by literacy experts and educators specifically to enable, enhance and promote daily family reading from a young age.
The books make it easy and fun for parents to read to kids every day!
Each story is written by professional children’s writers from around the world giving you and your child insight into many different ideas, people, cultures, thoughts, experiences and more.