Featuring over 30 stories written by professional children’s authors from around the world, this collection of Princess and Dragon stories will inspire and delight both you and your child.
Adventures, love, mysteries, magic, and more await in this exciting collection of read-aloud bedtime stories!
- - -
A Collection of Princess & Dragon Stories
"For Christmas, we gave a whole stack of knowonder books to our daughter and she read them all as fast as lightning. With Spread Your Wings, she was running up to us over and over to talk about a new story or some neat part she'd just read. A lot of these involve princesses but there's so much action and excitement in there, boys will likely dig the stories too. Not to mention the fact that there are dragons EVERYWHERE!" Kevin J.
- - -
Knowonder! Publishing brings you a special collection of read-aloud stories designed by experts to drive literacy through research-backed stories and methods.
The single-most important factor in determining a child’s success in life (socially, mentally & economically) boils down to just one thing - WORDS.
And the best way to create a literate child? With read-aloud stories. Every day.
- - -
This is a collection of knowonder! Read-Aloud stories.
Read-aloud stories and picture books are very different from each other. They are both needed, but they provide very different benefits. (learn more on www.knowonder.com)
Consider these key benefits of read-aloud stories:
- Listening skills are built
- concentration improves as children learn to sit still and focus
- comprehension and understanding of events (cause and effect relationships) is enhanced
- imagination is actively exercised as children imagine the scenes, characters and worlds the words create
- vocabulary is increased as children discover new words
- a child’s ability to guess meanings of new words grows
- children become more confident because they know they are cared for and loved and because they can express their thoughts and needs
- children are better-enabled to make friends and good relationships because their communication skills are increased
- learning in all subjects becomes much easier because the brain is literally being hard-wired to learn and take in new information
- family bonds are strengthened and reinforced, creating an atmosphere of love, trust and communication in the home which will last a lifetime
While it can be said that many of these benefits come from picture books, most of them are developed much better, faster, and deeper with read-aloud stories.
When you consider the sum-total of all these benefits, it’s easy to see why reading to your child every day from birth is the single-most important thing a parent can do to ensure a child’s success in life.
Designed by Experts
The knowonder! story collections have been designed by literacy experts and educators specifically to enable, enhance and promote daily family reading from a young age.
The books make it easy and fun for parents to read to kids every day!
Each story is written by professional children’s writers from around the world giving you and your child insight into many different ideas, people, cultures, thoughts, experiences and more.